We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Parks

lancashire
Level Contributor
220 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Parks

As the title says we have been looking at both options but cant decide. We have been to Cornwall many times and love it but have never been to Dorset although friends have recommended it. I love the prettiness of Cornwall and dont know whether Dorset will have the same charm? We are taking 2 toddlers so want to explore in the daytime and then chill out in the evening at a Caravan Park. Anone any views on this?

Edited: 21 February 2013, 17:39
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,580 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Parks

your title is "holiday parks", so not too sure of the question. Are you asking whether to go to Cornwall or Dorset?

lancashire
Level Contributor
220 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Parks

Sorry, been looking how to edit it to Cornwall or Dorset? ( but not sure how to do this)

st Ives
Level Contributor
141 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Parks

Being on the "Cornwall" forum, I would like to think that most people here would suggest Cornwall, however Dorset does have it's charms, just different from Cornwall. I love Lyme Regis and Weymouth, but they are both completely different from a Cornish holiday.

If you've seen Cornwall on both coasts, north and South, then try Dorset for a change and make up your own mind.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Parks

We live in Cornwall and have holidayed in Dorset at Charmouth when our children were younger. We loved , especially for fossil hunting, and nearby Lyme Regis is a fascinating and attractive little town. They both have nice beaches, but for quality and choice of beaches, Cornwall wins hands down. I agree with Stivean - try Dorset and decide for yourself

St Just, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Parks

If you are looking for a great caravan/camping park in Cornwall, why not pick the best - Tretham Mill on The Roseland. It has been voted best Holiday Park nationally in 2010 and has just won best Holiday Park in SW England in 2013. The Roseland is a beautiful part of Cornwall.

Alternatively, there is Gwel An Mor, another fabulous Holiday Park in Portreath on the North Coast in Cornwall. It has also won a whole host of regional and national tourism awards in the last few years.

lancashire
Level Contributor
220 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Parks

Thankyou for your replies. I think we will try Dorset for a change. I just dont want to be dissappointed as Corrnwall has a lot to live up to x

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Parks

I think you'll have a great holiday and there will be lots more years for Cornwall if you prefer it. We would be interested to know what you think after the holiday.

8. Re: Holiday Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:17