We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

Glasgow
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

I am planning ahead for next summer and planning my first ever visit to Cornwall. I am afraid I know very little about it. Primarily I am trying to decide on which part of Cornwall to stay in. Essentially I am looking for self catering, near a beach, probably in a resort with facilities for children. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

Looe, although quite busy in peak season, has a good beach and rockpools in West Looe. The children would love it. It's also quite a good place to easily get to other Cornish resorts.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

How old are your children, and do they have any special interests or favourite activities? There are dozens of places that would fit the bill, but some might be better for one age group, some for another

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,491 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

I recently stayed near Looe myself in a caravan site called Tencreek, would recommend it! There was entertainment etc on children and playparks (don't have children myself but did notice), plus a swimming pool.

4. Re: Where in Cornwall in the summer with young children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:18