We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Penzance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Penzance

We arrive at Heathrow at 12.20pm on June 19 pick up our hire car and plan to spend some time in Cornwell near Penzance.I understand the drive would be about 6 plus hours,so my question is where would be a nice overnight stop and what to see on the way?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Heathrow to Penzance

Thanks Sandy I will check the map

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Heathrow to Penzance

June 19 is midweek so the A303 would be fine but I'd only use it if you are planning on stopping at Stonehenge*. Otherwise its not really very scenic and the elapsed time compared to M4/M5 down to Exeter is very similar (I drive this route a few times a year and now nearly always take the M4) and the M4 route more straightforward and less subject to delays by roadworks.

*You can of course stop at Stonehenge, you'd just have to have booked a ticket in advance. I presume the previous poster meant you can't casually stop and look from the road.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 09:03
13. Re: Heathrow to Penzance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cornwall