We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most important places to visit in Cornwall

1 post
Save Topic
Most important places to visit in Cornwall

My husband and I will visit Cornwall for one week over Easter in April. We want to relax and to visit nice places. We will stay at Praa Sands. I would like to know what you think are the most important places to visit in Cornwall.

Thankyou for every reply.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

The most important places to visit are the ones you want to visit.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

Due to the turning of the Earth, magnetic forces , ley lines, spirits and the predictions of nostrdamus, every caravan in the world is (very slowly) pulled towards Cornwall at Easter. Therefore I would advise staying close to your accommodation rather than driving around in jams.

The whole point of Cornwall is it's not important. It's the relaxed far corner. If you want important I suggest visiting London and the Houses of Parliament. Cornwall is beach holiday time.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,360 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

The best thing to do from Praa Sands at Easter is walk the coastal path. But you might not like walking! So it really depends what floats your boat. What is important to one person (solitude along the coast for me every time) is the height of boredom to someone else. Point me at shops & tourist towns & I want to drown myself!!

Praa Sands is a lovely location BTW.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

I would visit The Lizard, mainland Britains most Southerly point. That's quite important, but seriously, its worth a visit for the stunning coastal scenery and not too far from Praa Sands. Oh, and the Minack theatre is a must as well http://www.minack.com/index.htm

Edited: 18 March 2014, 17:32
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
56,352 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

The nearest pubs! :)

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

I believe Praa Sands is not far from Penzance. If you are interested in art and history and want a bit of a change from the beach I suggest going into Penzance and visiting the Penlee House museum. It has an impressive collection of local art , is situated in a pretty garden, and has a nice cafe. Or you might enjoy just browsing around Penzance, and stopping at a local pub. Another interesting place is the port town of Falmouth. From Falmouth you can take a ferry to St. Mawes, on the tip of the Roseland peninsula (can't remember if that is a car ferry).

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

Surprised no-one so far has mentioned St Michaels Mount, one of the NT's most popular sites in the country, and only a short distance from Praa Sands. You could even walk to it along the coastal footpath,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

Hi! I'm interested in go to Cornwall the same dates with my partner. A friend recommended us to visit the Trebah Gardens, close to Falmouth. St.Ives and Fowey look quite interesting too. Anyway, I found a site that is really useful where you can find "Top 10 Cornwall Travel Guides" (Top 10 beaches, Top 10 towns, Top 10 fishing villages, Top 10 surf spots, Top 10 coves, Top 10 Pubs & Inns, Top 10 Gardens, Top 10 Ancient Monuments, Top 10 things to do in Penzance, Top 10 St Ives...). I think that's pretty good to adapt it to your preferences. http://www.cornwalls.co.uk/top_ten/

I hope it be useful to you!!! Good trip!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
296 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

Yes Lizard and Lands End areas are both really interesting and beautiful and worth including.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,360 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most important places to visit in Cornwall

Cape Cornwall is another lovely spot. And one of the most beautiful road journeys in England is the B3306, covering 13 miles from St Ives to St Just, passing through Zennor.