We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beaches for a Young Couple

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beaches for a Young Couple

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are visting Cornwall at the end of June, staying around the Gorran Haven area. We would like to visit a couple of beaches during our stay but there are so many to choose from! Can anyone advise which beaches would be best for a young couple? We would prefer a sand beach for a chance to relax but also with some shops and cafes etc nearby to have a wonder around. I'm happy to drive up to an hour from Gorran Haven.

Thanks in advance.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beaches for a Young Couple

Gorran Haven is a very small quiet village, quite pretty but very peaceful.

For great sandy beaches with plenty going on inc surfing, bodyboarding etc , head for Newquay for the day. Fistral beach is a top surfing beach which attracts the young crowd, so maybe head over that way. Newquay is about 45 mins drive from Gorran Haven, and has plenty of great beaches.

There is also a good big sandy beach at Pentewan on the South coast which is only about 10-15 mins from Gorran Haven. Its near Mevagissey. Also nearer to where you are staying is the beach at Caerhayes which also a good sandy beach only a few minutes drive.

Hope you get the weather to enjoy them!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beaches for a Young Couple

You're on the wrong coast for the best beaches really. You need to head on over to the north coast and try out Perranporth beach. Huge sandy beach with great surf and even a pub on the beach (The Wateringhole).

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beaches for a Young Couple

A little bit further away but with a great young, surfy vibe is Polzeath.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beaches for a Young Couple

I second Perranporth beach, good surfing and all of the shops, bars & restaurants right on the 'doorstep'.

5. Re: Best Beaches for a Young Couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 07:15