We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How scary is the coastal driving in Cornwall?

NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
How scary is the coastal driving in Cornwall?

I'm planning a trip this summer with a friend and I'll be doing the driving. First time driving on the left. But more to the point, I have issues with heights. Drove alone along Route 1 on the Northern California coast two summers ago--managed OK in the beginning through some hairy parts, but discovered that as time went on I was more and more perturbed by the "cliff-crawling", especially when my side was the exposed side. I read lots of people mentioning this issue when I was planning the California trip, but haven't seen anything on this for Cornwall? Is the coastal driving not so bad? Or is it more of the same?

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
756 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How scary is the coastal driving in Cornwall?

The driver in the 3 youtube videos was driving far too fast for much of the time and if an animal came out from one of the fields he would not be able to stop in time.

As they were on holiday I wonder what the hurry was!

Better to take their time and enjoy the scenery as the small lanes normally go through very scenic areas you would normally miss on the more main roads.

Luckily not everyone drives like that!

Edited: 13 April 2014, 06:45
12. Re: How scary is the coastal driving in Cornwall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16