We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now the heat wave has gone?

Chester
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Now the heat wave has gone?

We are travelling down to St. Ives, Cornwall on Tuesday, anyone know what the weather is predicted to do ( I know tough question)? What's it like now after the heat wave, is it jeans and jumpers or shorts and jumpers?

Will we be walking on the beach in jumpers or relaxing reading our books in sunshine?

Any information on this matter would be appreciated as we go to Gloucester first and have to pack tomorrow?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now the heat wave has gone?

Well my sister is down with Mum and Dad (just outside Truro) and they have rarely been off the beach yet! The kids are spending almost as much time in the water as out!

The baking heat has passed but it's still good summer holiday weather.

A week is a long time in politics it's even longer in cornish weather terms.

There's a couple of minor fronts to move over the country the coming weekend so hopefully will be farily settled.

Big high pressure might start to drift east settling further and depending on the winds raise temperatures a bit more.

A settled weekend with broken cloud - Maybe a blip of unsettled weather on Tuesday then improving for the rest of the week.

Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about? ;-)

Pack for the beach and some unsettled spells but shouldn't be cold.

Chester
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now the heat wave has gone?

Thank you Cornish Pastie, that's very reassuring because I am sat looking out of my window in Chester and its quite cold, raining and very grey!

By the way where is the best place for a Cornish Pastie in St. Ives?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now the heat wave has gone?

You know I never had a pastie in St Ives.

There is the Oggy Pastie Company right on the Quay - they always seem busy. And smell good enough.

I like to go for fish in St Ives. Near the Oggy shop there's a street that cuts toward the 'island' car park (headland actually) Off that street is a fish shop - they have good selection but they also have prepared crab meat by the pot. I like to get some of that and a frehs roll from a bakery.

Freshest crab roll you can imagine.

No good if you don't like crab though!

4. Re: Now the heat wave has gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 07:18