We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggy for Cornwall?

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Buggy for Cornwall?

Hi, I have 15 months old twins and will be heading down to Cornwall for 5 days next weekend. I was initially planning not to bring the double stroller as it would take up 80% of my car boot space. I am now having second thoughts as I am not sure how we will be able to carry my non walking toddlers for 5 straight days. We plan to visit the usual tourist sights; Mount St Michael, Lizard Point, Minack Theatre, Gelndurgan Garden, beaches and some towns (Looe, Padstow, etc).

Any parents out there with any advise if we should bring our double buggy or is Cornwall quite a buggy unfriendly place with lots of uneven terrains?

Thanks in advance

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

St Michaels Mount is definitely buggy - especially double buggy - unfriendly. Longish rough paved causeway or boat to get onto the island, then steep cobbled path ending in a bit of a scramble over boulders to get into the castle.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

St Michaels Mount is definitely buggy - especially double buggy - unfriendly. Longish rough paved causeway or boat to get onto the island, then steep cobbled path ending in a bit of a scramble over boulders to get into the castle.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
912 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

Information about buggies at St Michael's Mount here: stmichaelsmount.co.uk/plan-your-visit/…

truro
Level Contributor
880 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

Hi

I would recommend bringing the buggy.

I live in Cornwall and had a 1 yr old and a newborn so I know what a struggle a double buggy can be and also how hard it can be controlling toddlers without it.

Certain places are not buggy friendly but you could leave the buggy in the car for these visits.

If the buggy takes up too much boot space could it be an option to buy two cheap folding strollers,which fold up really small and have a pushchair each.

My husband and I used to use these for certain outings and holidays,I think you can pick them up for about £15 each.

uk
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

Hi, we visit Cornwall regularly to visit my mum who live near Looe. My twins are now 28 months and we've always used our double 'out n about nipper' with no problems, have even used it on Bodmin moor! It's been on the beach & been to Looe many times. It's our best twin buy especially as it's an all terrain buggy ! We pop it in the roof box with lots of space left for other essentials.

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

Thank u everyone for the very helpful replies!! s

London
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

Thank u everyone for the very helpful replies!! s

8. Re: Buggy for Cornwall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:22