We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Michael's Mount Questions

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
St Michael's Mount Questions

Hi

I know the castle and gardens open at 10.30am, but how about the shops etc down at sea level?

Also the website says you can securely leave buggies at sea level on the island. Does this only open at 1030 or earlier? Would be good to be able to leave it there in time to get up to the castle by 1030

Thanks for your help

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
948 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

Hi

Official opening times are as posted, but if the causeway is open and there are people around then the shops and cafes will open a bit earlier. The ticket office (where the buggy parking is) usually opens a bit before 10:30.

What time of year are you coming?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

We are going this morning, which was a bit late to ask I know!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

We are going this morning, which was a bit late to ask I know!

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
948 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

It's an open causeway this morning so I would guess the shops and cafes will be open a bit before 10:30. Are you trying to get off before the causeway closes? I think you'll have plenty of time for a visit, although there are boats to take you back if not.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

Yeah hoping to walk off so that's why we were are trying to start doing stuff as early as possible. Thanks for your help, now just to hope I can carry our toddler up the hill in our back carrier with my bad back!

6. Re: St Michael's Mount Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:15