We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
977 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are staying for a week camping at St Ives bay holiday park near Hayle. Can anyone reccomend good places around here to eat for breakfast or dinner? Happy to drive a little way to find places. Not looking for anything too pricey as this is a bit of a budget holiday so we can save to go to Orlando next year! Hence the camping.

Aside from dining, we are planning to visit Newquay, St Ives, the Eden project and maybe Penzance. We have a surfing lesson booked too for one day. Does this sound like a good idea of things to do or is there anything good we are missing? More into attractions and sight seeing than walking. As mentioned above budget is an issue here as well!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
977 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Forgot to add that this is happening next month, so crossed fingers for at least some sunshine!!

england
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

if your budget is tight why eat breakfast out? It's easy enough to have some cereals and bowls or even to fry up some bacon and egg. Check if there are any Groupon offers or leafets at the camp site that might get you money off for attractions.

This is a popular attraction but not likely to be offers on the tickets www.nationaltrust.org.uk/st-michaels-mount/

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Paradise Park at Hayle is excellent. It is a parrot sanctuary but there are lots of other birds as well. The flying displays are not to be missed. They are informative and entertaining. Sometimes there are vouchers in the local newspapers. I note that you are not walkers but walking the coastal path is the cheapest thing you can do in Cornwall. The scenery is stunning.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
977 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Thanks for the replies! We aren't taking a camping stove so breakfast in the tent would be cereal, which I don't mind but my partner is a more bacon and eggs kind of guy! Paradise park sounds great I'll definatley check it out. I guess we might feel like walking if the weathers nice but there's only so much walking we can do before getting a bit bored! Got any reccomendations for places for dinner?

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
601 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

For breakfast you are not too far away from Smokey Joe's, I've never been here because the queues to get in have always beat me! You could also try Trevaskis Farm, I've not had breakfast here but I've had Sunday lunch and loved it. With both places I would imagine you wouldn't need to eat lunch after.

http://www.trevaskisfarm.co.uk

http://smokeyjoesofcornwall.co.uk

www.eatoutcornwall.co.uk is a good site for ideas.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
977 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

Fantastic thank you I will check those out! Got to have some good breakfasts when on holiday :)

england
Level Contributor
5,333 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

As you mention Orlando I guess you might be interested in Flambards http://www.flambards.co.uk/

sorry can't help with the dining as we didn't do budget last time we were in Cornwall

8. Re: A week at St Ives bay holiday park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17