We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minack Theatre

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
574 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Minack Theatre

We're travelling on the train to Penzance and staying for a few days. I'd like to book tickets for a Sunday matinee performance at the Minack. Is there public transport to and from Penzance on a Sunday? If we got stuck how much is a taxi?

Also... since we're on the train we cannot carry cushions and blankets. Do they hire cushions or should we get some cheap ones in Penzance? Maybe they have a pound shop! Is it a must to have a cushion?

England
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minack Theatre

We got some great roll up mats in a tartan material from poundland.

york
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
711 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minack Theatre

when we went they hired out cushions. we had a fantastic afternoon, its a truly amazing place.

i have just googled their website which i suggest you do too as there is lots of info on there. there is no mention of public transport on the website, just a link to cornwall car sharing and it says its about 30 minutes from penzance which ties in with how long it took us to get there. it is quite a long way from anywhere else, and is isolated. like i say please google their website

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minack Theatre

Hi

Number 1 / 1a goes to Porthcurno from Penzance, and runs on Sunday. Check that there is one after the performance ends, as they do stop quite early.

Look at Travelinesw.Com for connections.

4. Re: Minack Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 07:17