We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for special birthday

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for special birthday

We will spending a week in Falmouth in late August this year to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. We are looking for a nice, special restaurant in the area for her birthday dinner. Years ago when I was vacationing in Cornwall I paid a quick visit to the Tresanton in St. Mawes, which looked fabulous, but I didn't eat or stay there. Now I find mixed reviews about the Tresanton's restaurant. Does anyone have suggestions for a nice restaurant in a beautiful setting with good food that's appropriate for a 75-year old to celebrate this special birthday?

I appreciate your comments!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Hallo Jobhh, I am wondering if you booked somewhere to stay in Falmouth ? as I am looking at the moment.

Thanks

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

How about the 3 Mackerel on Swanpool beach, great views of the beach and bay and very good food as well.

Poole
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

If you want to eat in Falmouth then Hunky Dory is very good if you like fish.

For really good food in a nice harbour village I'd go for Kota at Porthleven which is about 25 min drive.

Mount Haven Hotel at Marazion about 40 min drive has fantastic views to St Michael's Mount and the food is pretty good

The Polurrian Hotel near Mullion on The Lizard peninsula has a decent enough restaurant and the location is absolutely sensational with 180 degree views and large grounds running down to the sea which means you can sit outside after dinner if the weather is nice

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Thank you very much for all your tips -- I will check into them.

@kirsty26: We have already booked a self-catering apartment in Falmouth right by the marina. We booked it already in the beginning of the year.

cornwall
Level Contributor
71 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

As already posted, the Three Mackerel is excellent and is Hunky Dory, our favourite is the Flying Fish in St Michael's Hotel

England
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

Also worth eating at the Harbourside restaurant in The Greenbank Hotel - http://www.greenbank-hotel.co.uk/ - has a rosette for the food, the most stunning views from the restaurant across the harbour and the terrace is a great place for a pre-dinner drink in the evening sunshine.

7. Re: Restaurant for special birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth