We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flushing Facts?

Chester
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flushing Facts?

We're staying in Flushing in a couple of weeks and I've got loads of great info for what to do in and around Falmouth but not so much on Flushing.

What can you tell me? Best places to eat? Walk? e.t.c...

Thanks in advance!

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flushing Facts?

Of the two pubs, we enjoyed "The Seven Stars" more, purely for the fact that it was not messed around with and the locals (who seemed genuinely local) were friendly. It felt like somewhere you could while away a happy hour or two over a beer, sitting at the bar. "The Royal Standard" didn't really work for us, although it seemed popular enough - lots of mums with their kids after school actually....!

Flushing is relatively small. I think that other than making one of those pubs your local for the week, you'll spend most of your time in Falmouth.

Mike

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
945 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flushing Facts?

Some nice walls from Flushing around the headland and up to Mylor and beyond. But I agree, you'll be spending most of your time in Falmouth. Make sure you have the phone number of a water taxi as I think the regular ferries stop in the early evening.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flushing Facts?

Flushing is a small village with lots of little cottages, many are holiday lets, two pubs, a restaurant and a shop! Great walks around but best to take ferry or river taxi across to Falmouth.

Of the pubs, we prefer the Royal Standard having visited many times and always enjoyed great food and local beer (Skinner's Brewery Betty Stoggs)

Flushing is a great hideaway and wonderful place to escape the rat race for a week!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flushing Facts?

Hi, I am staying in Flushing for a week in September. The location looks central for many things to do and we are excited about that.

How is the parking there? Is there street parking available or only lots? Will have a car hire whilst there and that is the one thing I'm concerned about.

Thank you!

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flushing Facts?

Contact the owner of the property for further information

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flushing Facts?

Hi. Parking is limited to be honest. Some properties have allocated lots. There are some on street spaces but the streets are narrow. You will be able to park but it may not be close to the property.

Enjoy your stay.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flushing Facts?

When you're there, walk up through the village towards Mylor and stop at Kiln Quay to see some traditional Cornish Gig rowing, there's often a boat or two going out or in. it's also the only spot in the village where you can swim and watch a sunset from the beach and there are often people eating there round a bonfire, which is lovely.

Continue in the same direction across the fields with the sea on your right to Mylor Harbour, which has a cafe and a restaurant and both are very good - watch the sailing while you're there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flushing Facts?

Thank you for all the tips. Looking forward to our stay in a few weeks.

Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flushing Facts?

I believe you meant "walks" not "walls" --- and yes, the walk around the point to Mylor is great!

Flushing is a very small village, not much to see or do, except have a pint at one of the two pubs.

Take the hike up to the green, above the village for the view across the Fal.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flushing Facts?

Of course they meant walks and not walls!

Get answers to your questions about Falmouth