We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi in Mousehole?

4 posts
Save Topic
wifi in Mousehole?

I'm planning on doing some work-related travel to Mousehole soon and am curious if there is 3G or wifi service available widely there. Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
912 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

Fibre broadband is available in the village, and I think at least one of the pubs has wifi. The mobile signal on EE isn't great in the heart of the village but is OK if you're on one of the hills. If it's really important, then check with the accommodation provider.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

No "Cat" 5 cable in Mousehole ;-)

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

Thank you so much! Speaking of pubs, recommend any good ones there (or other restaurants)?

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

p.s. What about cell phone service out at the harbour front? (Thank you again, in advance!)

C C
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

Not sure if it will be too late now, but we have just come back from Mousehole and so I thought I'd reply.

I know the Ship Inn has WiFi and so does the Coastguard Hotel. We really liked the Ship Inn as a pub, although that does get very busy. We have only stayed in self-catering so can't advise on hotels or B&Bs to stay in.

On O2, I couldn't get a signal at all in the harbour - my husband is on Vodafone and I think he had service, but in the harbour it was only GPRS. Once we went slightly outside the harbour and up the hill, the service did improve to 3G (at least on Vodafone anyway).

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

thank you so very much--- useful info! :)

Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

Hello

I live in Mousehole and would recommend 2 Fore Street to eat - the best restaurant in West Cornwall in my opinion. The Coastguard is also good for food and a nice pub. The Ship Inn is more basic and food not always great. With regard to wifi, if you haven't booked accommodation yet book one with super fast broadband as this is available In the village and works very well. Mobile signals as others have mentioned are variable. Best to find accommodation with fibre optic broadband and Skype. Have a look on Tripadvisor for holiday cottages that have fibre optic broadband but beware as the standard broadband in the village can be quite slow.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 13:23
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wifi in Mousehole?

Hello

I live in Mousehole and would recommend 2 Fore Street to eat - the best restaurant in West Cornwall in my opinion. The Coastguard is also good for food and a nice pub. The Ship Inn is more basic and food not always great. With regard to wifi, if you haven't booked accommodation yet book one with super fast broadband as this is available In the village and works very well. Mobile signals as others have mentioned are variable. Best to find accommodation with fibre optic broadband and Skype. I can recommend The Haven holiday cottage as it has fibre optic broadband. Have a look on Tripadvisor holiday cottages listings. There may also be other cottages with fibre optic but standard broadband can be quite slow,

Reply to: wifi in Mousehole?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mousehole
Recent Conversations