We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touble free Stag weekend?!

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Touble free Stag weekend?!

Hi!

I am planning a stag weekend for my brother and around 20 friends. The unanimous choice is Newquay but I wanted to try and remove some concerns I have. I have no doubt that the weather will be beautiful, surf great, locals hospitable, plenty of places to stay and places to go out. Basically, it seems all the boxes are ticked! BUT, while I’m sure (given there will be 20 of us) we will be loud and trying to have a great time, I was concerned about the 'trouble' element. We are a peaceful bunch and do not seek confrontation, but you know what its like, 20 guys out having a laugh, trouble might well come to us and that is the last thing I/us want.

I wondered what anyone thought - is this inevitable - is Newquay a version of domestic 18/30's. Basically, is there a problem with out of town idiots in Newquay? Honest and impartial responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touble free Stag weekend?!

Newquay is the place the stag weekends & I think most people expect noisy crowds. Gets very busy in summer. Have been there numerous times & for couple stag weekends - great time.

Like anywhere there could be trouble when loads of people drinking heavy etc - however I am sure there are many worse places.

As a holiday destination there are probably many more holidaymakers than locals & most are just out t have a good time.

I think in summer it is very cosmipolitan & you meet people from all over the UK & further afield.

For a lively stag weekend think it is a great place. Seen it / done it in recent years although personally I seek a quieter trip these days.

Only thing I would advise is to leave plenty of time for your trip - especailly at weekends as does get conjested & long queues west of Exeter if you are driving. Leave at stupid o'clock before sunrise if you can. Enjoy

2. Re: Touble free Stag weekend?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Newquay