We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

Newcastle
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

Hi all, coming to the Jack Johnson gig in July at Watergate Bay. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel or guesthouse for around £80 or under that is nearby and not too ropey? Cheers x

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

Have a look at Watergate Bay on Google Earth and you'll see it's a bit outside of Newquay itself. If you're there for a gig there may be extra transport laid on which opens up more options for you.

I'd give the Newquay Tourism office a ring. They should know how the gig is being run what your transport options are and the names and rates of the places right next to Watergate if you want to stay right there.

I'm not sure where they do the gigs - is it cliff top or on the beach???

Newquay Tourist Information Centre

Marcus Hill, Newquay, Cornwall TR7 1BD

Tel: 01637 854020

Enjoy.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

Hi. I too am travelling down for the gig and would be interested in knowing what transport will be available from Newquay. We are stopping at Carnmarth Hotel overlooking fistral beach. We booked the last superior balcony room, but don't know what else they have available. I know it's a way from Watergate Bay, but as we're making a weekend of it needed to be more central.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

Try the tourism office number. Apparently the gig is at the Unleashed Festival site. So not quite in Watergate itself. Bit like Glastonbury Festival is not quite in Glastonbury village!!!

If it's 10000 tickets lord knows what the traffic will be like but it kicks off around 3pm so probably worth going for public transport and not banking on taxis.

If it came to it it's not a massive walk!

4. Re: Best hotel to stay in for Watergate bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Newquay