We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Strabane
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

Hi thinking of going to cornwall late July wiht two kids 4 & 12 - not sure which park would be more suitable - dont want a totally quiet holiday but would like somewhere were kids have enough to keep them entertained but were we can also have quiet drink in the evenings somewhere child friendly.

any comments.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

Hi grainne2 You mention Newquay Holiday park & Crantock Holiday prk. You do not mention if you will have transpot. These parks are both quite away out although Crantock is near a loverly village & beach. May I sugest to you Hendra Holiday park nr. Newquay.

www.Hendra-Holidays.com. It is a large complex with loads of fun for all ages,they also do not take stag & Hen parties. They have a club for the little ones swiming pools indoor & out and an evening club house with entertainment. It is a short distance from the loverly beaches in Newquay. you also have Newquay Zoo & The Aquiream. Also have you concidered maybe a Guest House. There are plenty here on T/A most take kids and some will even babysit for you so you & hubby can maybe go out and have a nice meal and dink to gether one evening.

Good Luck with finding somewere and hope you enjoy your holiday

Newquay
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

hello grainne2

as lily said Hendra is one of the better holiday parks local to Newquay but as a thought have a look at whiteacres as well ( another park that is well looked after) and the added bonus of fishing lakes on the complex as well ( i stayed there a few times before moving to Newquay)but a couple of miles outside of Newquay regards john

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

Memories.

My famialy & I stayed at Whiteacres 22years ago. Then it just had about 12 caravans & a small wooden hut for a bar.

How things change!!!

Anyway grainne2 agree with John on that although again quite a way out of town.

Strabane
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

lillynewquay & johnatsmugglers - thanks for your replies their are all appreciated. Youve both given me some food for thought as they say - I had looked at Hendrapark also before I found about Crantock beach and Newquay - I will look over it again. My biggest fear is choosing the wrong park - we once went to Wales whcih was absoulutely beautiful and interesting but stayed at a Haven Holiday park - big mistake nothing really for the children to do which didnt cost money as and the park did not live up to its expectations from reading about it it was basically a glorified "caravan park" with a amustejment arcade stuck in the middle of it - so really what Im trying to say is Im trying to find somewhere where the kids have space to run about swim etc crazy golf - activited which we can also participate with them in - but be close enought to go to beach and enjoy a family day and relax later in the evening with the kids over a meal and few drinks without having the need to drive but where transport is accessible and also be central enough to explore Cornwall.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

Hi,

We have visited Cornwall many times with our children and have stayed at all the sites you mention. Hendra is in a good position for Newquay but we always loved Holywell Bay as the site is in walking distance to a lovely sandy beach with rock pools. There is a river running down one side of the beach which is safe for children to play in and dam, quite important as there are strong currents in the sea in Cornwall. There is also a pub on the way so we always stopped off for a 'quick one' on the way back. Up the hill from the site is Holywell Bay Amusement Park which is good fun on a cooler day.

This year we are going to Crantock Beach site which also has access to a lovely beach but is a quiet site and our boys will not be coming with us.

Hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we always did.

Strabane
Level Contributor
552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

thamks for your reply - i was beginning to think their was nobody out their ha! ha! we've acutally booked tregoad park looe instead a holiday cottage - have you ever visited here.

wirral
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

i have been to both crantock and newquay holiday park. I prefer the crantock one as it's close to the beach, if you don't have transport it's quite a bit away, however, you can easily get busses

8. Re: newquay holiday park or crantock holidy park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 00:16