We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porth Beach Area

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Porth Beach Area

Just wondering what places to stay there are at Porth at the moment ?

Thanks

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porth Beach Area

Hi Kirsty26

You dont say what type of accomadation you are looking for. Thiere are 2 camp sites at porth and several Hotels & Guest Houses some of them you will find listed her on T/A Perhaps you could get back & let us know.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porth Beach Area

Hi, has what was the Porth Beach hotel reopened into flats ?

Is the Sandpiper hotel still there ? has it been tarted up abit.

Has the flat been finished which is ontop of what was the local shop at porth beach ?

Is Lookover cottage reopened ? for Creamteas etc.

Just checking out options for our next visit as we always stay in this area of Newquay as we used to live close by.

Many Thanks LillyNewquay

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porth Beach Area

Hi Kirsty

Must have been a while since your last visit. Porth Beach & Sandpiper both now "Apartments" The shop has been demolished and a new block of guess what? The only Hotels at Porth now are Wispery, Priory Lodge, Rolling Waves(new owners) & The Kenton. I can only think of one guest house and thats The Alex. Sorry forgot a hotel The Pendeen. Hope this has been some help to you.Please let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porth Beach Area

Many Thanks LillyNewquay for this information.

eccleston
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porth Beach Area

We've just booked at Priory Lodge, reveiws on here are great. We're taking my mother in law with us and I wanted a decent size hotel where I think she will be happy if we "go off" for the day. Does anyone know if this hotel is a walk away from Fistral Beach - we're attending a wedding there. Also is it just a walk away from the harbour, not been to this neck of the woods for over 30 years.

thank you in advance for any info

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Porth Beach Area

Hi Sugest,

Fistral Beach is a long walk from your hotel, I would say about 45mins The harbour about 35mins although having said that it can be a very pleasant walk. What I sugest is that you take the bus from Porth to the bus station from there The Harbour is about 5min walk & Fistral about 15mins. You have porth beach 5mins from hotel a little futher along is lusty glaze, coming into the direction of town you then have Tolcarn,great western, Towan & the harbour All lovely beaches. Hope this has been some help to you.

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Porth Beach Area

Porth Beach hotel is now apartments (shame)

Sandpiper is still open (it better be as i'm booked in)

It is meant to close this year.

Post office is now 3 apartments (very pricey)

The lookover closed september 2007.

The beach cafe has new owners (not as good as it was)

They should have left the area as it was,it's dead now.

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Porth Beach Area

Forgot to say that the Pendeen shut last year.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Porth Beach Area

Boss56 thanks for this information, I hope you enjoy your stay at The Sandpiper, we stayed there last summer. Its a great location.

The Mermaid pub does good food and is handy.

The Compas Rose Bistro is good too, its across the road from the pub. Its maybe changed its name again since my last visit.

Scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Porth Beach Area

Hi Kirsty,maybe we have been there at the same time.

This will be my 6th stay at the Sandpiper in June then back for the last time in Sept.

Gonna miss it when it closes.

The Pendeen is still open according to the website.I find it expensive for a budget hotel...£54 a nite for a single person...wot a rip off.The Sandpiper dont charge a single supplement and you can have a double at the front...The porth beach hotel was even cheaper

£30 a nite for a double with balcony...much missed hotel...Have fun when you go down.