We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where??

Derby
5 posts
Save Topic
Where??

This message really applies to newquay and cornwall. I'm basically travelling alone-single 23year old female. Wanting to know the best places to go in newquay where there won't be too many boozers, but mainly where i'll be safe. Looking for either a nice cheapish b&b or campsite ideally with a swimming pool-not a must but a massive bonus,close to the beach,quiet area not particularly fussed about distance into town as will have car and happy to walk. Am very atheletic so within a respectable distance of some sport hiring centre unless the accomodation can organise.

Thankyou

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where??

Porth Beach area would be a good place to base yourself.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where??

Had a bit of a look round for you, this looks lovely, it's in Mawgan Porth, which is about 4 miles from Newquay, but it's 2 mins walk from the beach which should suit you. It doesn't have a swimming pool, but you have the sea right there. Prices look reasonable, the value rooms, which are a bit smaller and have a 4ft bed are £35 a night for single occupancy.

Not sure what sort of sport hiring centre you mean, you can surf at Mawgan Porth, so can't really help you in that one, but the walks around Mawgan Porth will surely keep you fit!

Looked at TA reviews and they are excellent. See what you think

www.cornwall-online.co.uk/seavista/leave.htm

Derby
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where??

Thankyou to you both and will start looking/searching.

Derby
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where??

I have found a b&b called 'The Kernow Trek Lodge' Trevarrian, Mawgan Porth location. I can't find any reviews anywhere other than on their site just wondered if anybody has heard of it and what they think etc

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where??

Sorry, don't know it, had a look on the website, and it looks ok, but it isn't right on the coast and only a couple of miles from Newquay airport. It's a very small airport, so it's not going to be like being on the flightpath at Heathrow or anything.

Hope someone else knows the place and can help you more

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where??

Sorry Fruitloop9 I havn't heard of that place to stay either.

7. Re: Where??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Newquay