We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

hi,

I imagine I've probably left it too late already but have gotten a crazy notion that I would like to come & stay in Newquay for 3 weeks or a month from mid August to mid September this year.

I would like somewhere with at least 1 bedroom (so not a studio) as I may have friends coming to visit during the time.

Ideally I'd like somewhere reasonably central, within 2 miles of the beach & of course, wouldn't you know I'm on a budget?!

So I know its going to be tough but am really hoping some of you TA's can help me out.

What about hiring a caravan/mobile home, are there any/many within walking distance of Newquay?

I've had a quick look at holidaylettings.co.uk and ownersdirect websites but prices seem really high.

Any thoughts/ideas? Am I looking for the impossible?!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

There are loads of caravan sites around Newquay, just google Newquay caravan parks and you will find them.

As for prices being high, you want to come in peak season, prices are going to be high. Maybe if you were to delay your visit a bit and come from the beginning of September when the schools have gone back you might find it a bit cheaper.

Good luck!

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Thanks Annabel. There seems to be very mixed reviews about the caravan parks in and around Newquay, hard to know which one might be suitable.

I want somewhere where I can relax & stoll around the town, walk on the beaches, maybe do a bit of photography and/or writing.

Would Newquay be a good place for this or are there other smaller towns that are on the coast that I should consider also? Having never been to Cornwall area I have no idea & am a bit confused!

thanks again.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Newquay would be Ideal for what you want. As Annabele said there are a lot of sites. Personally Hendra would be the best. A holiday let for a month in Newquay would be very expensive. Ive had a idea about this, will do some checking & get back to you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Cool, can't wait to hear your idea!

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Is Hendra caravan park very near the beach? I have gotten a price from them for 3 weeks, its actually not that outrageous I have to admit.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
601 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

It isn't near the beach, it is about 3-4 miles in but I think there is transport into Newquay either locally or from Hendra itself. Really good camp site, very popular with families.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Hendra is a bit away from the coast, but there is transport available to get you in and out, and you should get the sort of feel you are looking for from it

Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

hmm, had been hoping for somewhere that was pretty much ON the beach almost, lol!

Any caravan parks that are very near a beach? thanks.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

There is a caravan park at Porth Beach.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 or 4 week stay in Newquay - where to look & what to budget

Hi Irisheyes, Sorry have taken so long to get back to you, have been busy with work.

Anyhow, one of my neighbors rents her house out to summer workers,I had a word with her but she is busy for August.

The site Kirsty mentioned is the only one in Newquay closest to the beach, literally across the road.

Maybe you could give then a ring and explain, they may give you a deal on one of their budget vans. Let us know how you fare.

http://www.porthbeach.co.uk/

Edited: 20 April 2010, 11:29