We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitability for older ladies

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Suitability for older ladies

My friend and I normally go abroad at this time of year but unfortunately due to personal circumstances we are unable to go this time. We have been looking at Newquay self catering as we like nice walks, country pubs, beaches and eating out. We thought that going to Newquay would be the next best thing as we didn't want to stay up north and that we may get better weather, but people have been putting us off saying it's full of young ones who get drunk etc are we looking at the wrong resort as it looked so lovely. Please advise.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suitability for older ladies

The positive comments have now made my friend and I feel much better about coming to Newquay. We are staying at an apartment on Bothwick Road which I believe is near the area of Great Western beach. Arriving on 5th June for 1 week.......bring on the sun.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Suitability for older ladies

Now I'm concerned.

Older ladies = early 50's??? Puh-lease!

I'm making my first trip to Cornwall later this year - and I'm (quite) a bit older than that. Hadn't even given any consideration to suitable older-lady accommodation. I just thought I'd do what I normally do - rock up and see what's happening.

But then I am Australian - we ARE different. :)

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Suitability for older ladies

I have to say that I agree with the last message about being an older person in you 50's ???

It was only when I re-read the feed that I realised the age. We have a friend who is in her late 70's & she just takes of as & when she decided . She is not the only one we know who is like that too.

God help us if mid to late 50's is old or older ?

We are not there yet still time for us to go. When we are there no way will we be saying we are older ???? Life is still beginning every day is a new beginning.

To the last message, I used to live in Manley.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Suitability for older ladies

Although I don't look or feel my age and I agree that being in your fifties isn't old!! I research my holidays thoroughly as I have to make sure that the holiday I am booking is right for me by naming my post as "older ladies" I hope that the accomodation and area I am looking at meets my needs. In the days before Tripadvisor I made the mistake of booking two holidays one on the Algarve and another in Tenerife which were both aimed at 18-30s and putting it mildly they were the holidays from hell. I know everyone wants a good time on holiday me included, and I'm no fuddy duddy but every age groups needs are different the last thing I want in Newquay is being with a load of drunken teenagers-hence my post title, nothing to do with people in their fifties being old!

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Suitability for older ladies

You will love Newquay & have alot of fun , it is a great place. It's one of those places where people of all ages mix & we have found mix very well. Yes there are a few clubs , but there are where ever you go. Newquay is a large place & the clubs are only a tiny area. Mostly all up one end.

From where you are staying have a travel around. Even in Newquay & out & about. Are you taking a car ?

Edited: 24 May 2010, 12:26
cornwall
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Suitability for older ladies

Hi there - why does everyone think Newquay when they think of Cornwall? South East Cornwall Coast is fantastic. Its the near part of Cornwall only 25 minutes from Plymouth, it has some fantastic NT places like Cotehele and Lanhydrock. Looe and Polperro, Mount Edgecumbe, boat trips, walks, beaches. I am not saying that Newquay doesnt have its good bits but there is so much more to Cornwall than 15 and Fistral beach. Why go somewhere where everyone goes?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Suitability for older ladies

mummymeister, I agree, Cornwall is a large county and there are lots of lovely places to visit away from the normal tourist resorts, indeed if you read the forums, you will see excellent advice given about all parts of Cornwall.

This lady however, posted on the Newquay forum, and asked for advice about staying in Newquay, which is why that is what was given.

If she had asked for advice in general on Cornwall, I am sure lots of people would have chipped in with their favourite areas to stay. I do disagree when a person asks for specific advice on a specific place, and people come on and say don't stay there, stay here. Everyone has their favourite places, and it's not a competition, we are here to give the advice that is asked for, not to push any particular part of the Duchy.

18. Re: Suitability for older ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Newquay