We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Lodge Hotel

Swansea
Level Contributor
55 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Lodge Hotel

I am meant to be staying at this hotel on September, the room seem to be hit or mis - some good -some bad can someone please give me an honest report on this hotel - I am rather used to hotels abroad - Palma Nova, Mallorca - lovely.

Thank you.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy Lodge Hotel

Hi palma, Well what can I say. Sandy Lodge is situated on a side road just off the main run in and out of Newquay. I have oviously nver stayed there but have visited the bar a few times. I will admit that the receotion area could do with a bit of a facelift. The rooms do look very nice on there website.

http://www.sandylodgehotel.co.uk/index.html

We have always found the staff very helpful & friendly.

My Granddaughter is having her wedding reception there on September 25th.

The room is very nice & tastefully decorated and the manager could not be any more helpful if he tried.

Anyway, maybe you will get someone to post that has been a guest, with there view.

Hope you enjoy your holiday. :-))

Swansea
Level Contributor
55 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy Lodge Hotel

Thank you for your post, my husband and myself will be celebrating our anniversary the same day - 28 years can't be bad, all the best to your Granddaughter - cheers.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy Lodge Hotel

I've just returned from a stay at the Sandy Lodge and I have no complaints whatsoever. It looks like it's just had a refurbishment. Our room was fine, three single beds, although we only booked a twin. Very clean and well decorated. Clean white bathroom with fresh towels every day. TV and tea/coffee making in the room.

Nice sized bar area with entertainment every night. Staff were very jolly and friendly. It also has an indoor pool, though we didn't check that out.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 19:22
Swansea
Level Contributor
55 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy Lodge Hotel

Thank you for your comments - appreciated.

5. Re: Sandy Lodge Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Newquay