We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Newquay attractions

Brighton, the...
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Newquay attractions

We are going to be in Newquay for a day and a half. Any good suggestions on how best to spend this time? My 17 yr old son wants to take a trip to Tintagel and I'm kind of leaning towards the Eden Project. Plus want to see a bit of the beaches. Which are the most peaceful, family beaches? We leave in two weeks. What do you think the weather will be like then? Food ideas? Possibly a place to do up some laundry? Thanks for any ideas.

Brighton, the...
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Newquay attractions

Jennybabz, thanks much for trying anyway. It

did sound just like the thing for my son. I'm sure we'll find something there. Looks beautiful. Keep me informed if you think of anything else, ok? Did you have a favorite place to eat there? The Cafe Irie mentioned by Cazzibear sounds good. Any ideas will help. Thanks for the effort!

London
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Newquay attractions

grammalg2,

The day we spent in Newquay the weather was appalling (rained all day long) which was how we ended up in this shop to shelter ha ha

We found a McDonalds (could have been Birger King)and managed to get hot drinks and a burger to eat - it wasn't ideal weather for exploring once the rained came down - so any port in a storm ha ha

I am sure there are lots of nice places to eat and drink there - Cornwall has always been famous for Ice Creams and Cornish Pasties so lots of places will sell foods around Cornish traditional foods?

A Pasty is a pastry filled with meat, potato and vegetables - similar to a british pie - in the older days one half was filled with savoury filling and the other half was sweet filled like apples etc..- you could perhaps do a google search on that to get better information on this that will explain it better (I don't want to confuse any readers ha ha)

Lots of lovely food in Devon and Cornwall areas to try. You will find somewhere nice to eat - we just didn't have good weather to search - so we took the lazy option ha ha

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Newquay attractions

Soz it took so long to reply!!

the beach i menchioned does have steep steps. but the beach nearby it just as beautiful and is usually deserted in spring (cold) times. (Porth beach) so maybe thats more suitable.

please please go cafe irie!! but like others have said, theres pleanty of nice places to eat. But the cafe stands out because the menu may be simple, but u half invent it urself and they are so friendly!

i recommend the eden project as well. and maybe even the aquarium/zoo?

Brighton, the...
Level Contributor
453 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Newquay attractions

Thanks Cazzibear. I appreciate you getting back with me again. I do have Cafe Irie on my to do list! And still trying to decide on

Eden Project or just staying and meandering around on the beaches, as that was why I was going to Newquay in the first place! But if it's drizzly, we probably will head on to Eden Project. Been there yourself? I thought about the aquarium too, but time is going to be tight and do want my son to get the feel of the sea from the beaches. Fingers crossed for some sun. Thanks for your opinions, they do help.

Get answers to your questions about Newquay