We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

Hi !

I am just wondering if you could help me with a plan of 1 day trip in Cornwall. We have all Saturday free to do Cornwall sightseeing. I am desperate to take some busses and travel around the region, however, I am not quite sure whether it is possible at all. I would love to have some scenic walks along the coast.

Could you help me to arrange a reasonable day around Cornwall?

Thank you.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

From where in Newquay are you starting? Cornwall is a very long county. Without careful planning you could spend all your day travelling and not really seeing anything. How much time do you have? If you post back with some more information I am sure someone will be able to help you.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 12:15
Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for the message. You are absolutely right , the more i read the more i realize how tiring it could be. I start in Newquay, and I have come to conclusion that I would like to spend this day ideally walking along the coast . My question is where to reach easily a nice place to start the walk ?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

Hi there

The Cornwall Coast pathway runs the entire length of the coastline so you could walk in either direction from Newquay. North will take you through Porth, past Watergate Bay and on to Bedruthan Steps, south would take you through Crantock, Holywell, and maybe even as far as Perranporth, it really depends how far you would like to walk.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
945 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

Czesc Agnieszka! There are slightly more buses going South, so if I were you, I'd start walking from Fistral bay towards Perranporth. You can stop and get buses back from Crantock, Holywell and Perranporth, so you can see how you feel on the day.

5. Re: 1 Day trip in Cornwall from Newquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 07:17