We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newquay in february

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Daventry, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Newquay in february

Afternoon guys

I've had conflciting information about Newquay out of season so wanted to ask the members of this forum.

Im organising a mini break in February 2014 (thursday 13th to Sunday 16th) during the school holidays and wanted to know what I can expect from the Newquay nightlife? We'll only be venturing out on the Friday and Saturday, so can we expect some atmosphere and some decent crowds or will it be a complete ghost town? We're in our late twenties so ideally we'll be hitting some local pubs and bars before going to a club on the Friday and Saturday.

help and thoughts welcome!

thanks

Russ

england
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Newquay in february

sorry, I don't know. However I think the south coast has taken more of a battering than the north thanks to the wind direction.

england
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Newquay in february

Can't edit post so - hit by large waves but haven't seen reports of the sort of damage caused elsewhere http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25585873.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Newquay in february

Newquay has suffered some damage on some of the beach structures and a big hole has cut off the sea life centre and caused other damage in that area. But the south coast has taken a real battering today, with damage at Penzance, Porthleven, Lamorna, Kingsand and the most massive seas in living memory .

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Newquay in february

As I said in my PM to you, everywhere on the coast has been affected. But provided the bad weather lets up, we should be back to normal next week.

truro
Level Contributor
899 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Newquay in february

Hi

Newquay has suffered some damage to the promenade.

The aquarium is closed temporarily.

It hasn't suffered as much as other places.

The weather here shouldn't affect your holiday.

Hopefully it will pass soon.

There are quite a few beaches in Newquay and the clubs will not be affected(as long as there are not catastrophic floods)

Daventry, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Newquay in february

Thank you all!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Newquay in february

Im sure you will enjoy your stay. You did not mention where you will be staying. Incidentally, the locals prefer

Sailors nightclub. Better promotions, so Im told.

18. Re: Newquay in february

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:20