We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancient monuments

Georgia
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
7 helpful votes
Ancient monuments
Save

My sister and I are planning to hire a taxi to take us to the various monolithic and prehistoric sites in the Penzance area. We want to make the most of our taxi time by visiting sites that are close to the road so that we don't have to spend a lot of time walking to the site. Can anyone make recommendations about sites or a map that would allow me to locate them? Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
69 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Ancient monuments
Save

I can’t answer your question but this may be helpful.

https://www.purelypenzance.co.uk/thetown/ancientmonuments.html

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
118 reviews
66 helpful votes
2. Re: Ancient monuments
Save

I found this which might be better than a Taxi

https://www.heritageadventures.uk

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Exeter
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
46 reviews
53 helpful votes
3. Re: Ancient monuments
Save

The Merry Maidens stone circle near Moushole is about a minute's walk from a parking area and Tregiffian Burial Chamber is just down the road, in fact virtually under the road. The Ballowall Barrow/Carn Gloose is right next to a road with a layby close. There is parking next to Trethevy Quoit. The last three of these are under the care of Engiish Heritage and are described on their website. The first is easily Goolged. Hope this helps

Reply to: Ancient monuments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Penzance
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.