We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camilla Guest house.

Which Penzance hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Camilla Guest house.

Has any one stayed here in the last 6 months could you give some info on the place and whats within close proximatey.

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camilla Guest house.

I haven't stayed at the Camilla but I've stayed at another very similar Guest House in Regents Tce, just a couple of doors away from the Camilla. My brother has stayed at the Camilla (last summer) and said it was excellent.

Regents Tce is a terrace of late Georgian houses set back from Penzance promenade. The front rooms look roughly southwards, over Penzance promenade towards the sea with Newlyn and Penlee Point (on the way to Mousehole) headland. At the back the rooms look over St Marys Church and churchyard.

From the front door a 3 minute walk takes you onto the promenade then just around the corner is Penzance harbour, where the Scillonian ferry leaves for the Isles of Scilly. From there, another 10 min stroll takes you to the train station and bus station. In the other direction you can walk along the promenade to Newlyn.

From the other end of Regents Tce a 5 min walk up Queens St brings you into the centre of the town.

Please ask for more specific details that you're interested in.

Edited: 19 February 2012, 21:33
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camilla Guest house.

Well that sounds brill to me thank you for your report very much appreciated cant wait to go now.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camilla Guest house.

Hi there

i've stayed at Camilla House 2 or 3 times and it's never been less than perfect. The owners are very pleasant and nothing's too much trouble for them. There's free parking right outside and the terrace is set back from the main road anyway. Try to get a front facing room if you can for great views across the sea.

As Blorengia says, it's a short walk to the bottom of Chapel St, along which there are a couple of good pubs that also serve food.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camilla Guest house.

From what's been said on here i'll not want to come home it sounds just up my street...Looking forward to a bit of luxury..

5. Re: Camilla Guest house.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:31
Get answers to your questions about Penzance