We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

We want to visit Cornwall, taking in Port isaac, in August 2014. We are huge fans of Doc Martin. We are sailing from Rosslare to Pembroke and driving down to Port Isaac with maybe a stopover in Bristol on the way. We only plan to stay in Port isaac for about 2 nights and want to take in some other idyllic villages in the surrounding areas. Any advice as to what villages/towns to visit would be appreciated. We plan to stay for a week

Orange, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

We just got back from several weeks in the UK and we spent time in Cornwall.

I think I would stop over in Bath vs Bristol. We also went Port Isaac and I think one day is probably enough. We used Penzance as a base and especially like Mousehole and St Michael's Mount.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

we are visiting Pt Isaac in September. Whilst looking at accommodation choices, I seem to keep coming back to Paths End B&B but can we get to Pt Isaac from there without having to drive. Any other suggestions for reasonably priced accom. in the area? We will have a hire car (as doing a self drive from London to Edinburgh) but would prefer to stay where we can walk rather than have to drive.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

It would be a good idea to start your own thread as you might not get a lot of response on one about a trip in August14.

However before you book any accommodation ask about the parking. You could also ask the proprietor about how easy it is to get into Port Isaac from the property. Don't try to drive into Port Isaac as the roads are very narrow.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

But there is a good carpark at the top of town where it's an easy walk down into the village - steep hill coming back, but worth it.

15. Re: Visit to Port Isaac - Aug 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2016, 14:18