We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

Can anyone help ????

My parents spent their honeymoon, in 1962, in the Pentowan Guest House on Headland Road in Carbis Bay and they are considering for their anniversary this year, a trip back down memory lane.

I have tried internet searches with no luck, so assuming house is no longer a guest house or has been renamed ...... any help most appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

Hi there,

Instead of taking a trip down memory lane why not get your parents to take a trip down headland rd......with the help of google maps.

Find the rd on google maps by zooming in and then drag the orange man to the road and off you go.

Any problems let us know.

best wishes

Jake

Oxford
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

I think there is a place on the seaward side of Headland Road called Pentowan Court, which I believe is a block of half a dozen or so apartments. It may be that it was a guest house in a former life? I'm not aware of a guest house still being there called Pentowan Guest House, but somebody else may be along to correct me.

There are other guest houses in Headland Road, and the surrounding area - maybe they should book to stay elsewhere in Carbis Bay and have a wander along headland road, and the coastal path infront, to take a look at how things are now.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

Hi

As far as I am aware, Pentowan Court has been converted to private apartments. As far as I know this applies to all the building. Here is a link to one of them that does holiday lets. I am not sure whether this would be of interest to your parents.

http://www.carbisbayholiday.co.uk/

Suzi

4. Re: Pentowan Guest House, Headland Road, Carbis Bay (1962)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2013, 10:19