I've visited St Ives many times before, however, not for a while and not in the same circumstances as now, we arrive on Saturday (can't wait!), I wondered if anyone can help with the following questions?
1. Where is the best place to catch the sunset - both just 'out and about' and any restaurant places, I was thinking Porthmeor, both the beach and the beach cafe?
2. Pasties! - I'm taking someone who's never been to Cornwall or had a pasty! - Where would you say the best ones are? We usually go to the 'red place' (I think Cornish bakehouse perhaps). Are there nicer ones?
3. Cream tea - which place does the best one? - The white place on the Wharf? - That used to be one of the good if not best ones!
4. Supermarkets - are there any new ones or is it just the co-op ones? - What would be closest to Porthmeor beach (that's basically where we're staying).
5. Porthminster Beach - does it still have the beach BBQ bring your own thing? If so, when?!
6. Afternoon tea - does anywhere in the town do a nice one?! (or should we just stick to cream teas!)
7. Luggage facilities - is there anywhere we can leave our luggage on our final day, for say 5-6 hours or so?
8. Deserts! - I see lots of places with very nice food, is there anywhere known for amazing deserts?!
9. How busy - at this time of year, i.e. the weekend and the week ahead, will we likely need to book places for dinner for two or will most places be 'okayish' - I know August and a family is a very different story!
10. Romance! - What would people say are the most romantic spots, both 'places' and restaurants. I have my own thoughts here but I'm curious as to other people's suggestions.
I didn't realise that would end up 10 questions! If you've read this far, thanks!
Thanks in advance for replies :)