We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

RVSLondon
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

Day 0

- leave in the evening - from London to Bristol - spend night at bristol

Day 1

- Leave from Bristol to St Ives - Reach Mid day

- Overnight at St ives

Day 2

- Go to Lands End/Sennen beach/Minaick Theatre

- Overnight at Penzance

Day 3

- Go to Lizard Heritage coast

- Overnight at Exeter

Day 4

- Drive to London from Exeter

I would not like to drive more than 3 hours in a stretch so I am planning to stay in Exeter and Bristol. Let me know if i am better of staying somewhere else.

Please let me know if the above itinerary is achievable or can be improved.

I am travelling to Cornwall for the first time and would like to cover some nice beaches and landscape.

Regards

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

It will take longer than 3 hours to drive from Bristol to St Ives and from Exeter to London. You don't say when you are travelling but at the moment the roads are very busy with some long delays.

RVSLondon
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

I will be travelling during the bank holidays.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

On a good day it takes us 2hrs 30 mins to drive from Bristol to Truro. It will take best part of an hour to drive from Truro to St Ives and both those times are without the holiday traffic. I reckon it could take 4hrs 30 to 5hrs to get from Bristol to St Ives. What you plan to do during the day is possible. Cornwall will be very busy that weekend. The roads around St Ives and also on The Lizard are very narrow and twisty so just take you time and enjoy yourselves.

UK
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

I agree 3 hour from Bristol to Lands End is unrealistic. The Bristol area can be a real log jam so worth considering getting a bit further down on the first evening.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
948 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

Maybe stay at Exeter on the way down? And somewhere along south Devon coast on way back?

If you're hiring a car in London you might want to consider getting train to Exeter and hiring there.

6. Re: Cornwall Itinerary !! Suggestion please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about St Ives