We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry costs.

london
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
ferry costs.

hi all,i am goig to st mawes with my elderly father this month and would like to go over to falmouth on the ferry.does anyone know the cost of the crossing ? as we will be crossing quite a lot, and also is it a passenger only ferry or can i take the car ?

many thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry costs.

Hi

There are two ferries. The passenger ferry goes from ST Mawes harbour to Falmouth, whilst the King Harry Carferry, crosses the river further up, and would entail a 15min drive from St Mawes and then about 20mins the other side to reach Falmouth. See this link for details and prices. kingharryscornwall.co.uk/frl/ferries/king_ha… and this link for the passenger ferry.

I noted that the car ferry is out of action for its annual refit between 06 April and the 20th April, which may well affect your plans.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 17:53
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry costs.

Sorry, forgot the second link! kingharryscornwall.co.uk/frl/…st_mawes_ferry , though its all linked together.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 17:54
london
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry costs.

Thanks badcat,that's just what I needed.

ipswich
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry costs.

Cost is £9 return from St Mawes to Falmouth. Very strangely, it is only £5 return the other way round!

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry costs.

Hi,

We run the St Mawes Ferry Company and occasionally run promotions from either side depending on trading conditions. We are currently running a very good offer from Prince of Wales Pier that allows you a discount and also allows passage on any of the 3 ferries leaving St Mawes an hour. I am sorry if this causes some confusion or anger but trading conditions are very different each of the different quays and piers the the St Mawes Ferry operates from.

Many thanks,

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry costs.

Thanks for the info, which may be useful to someone, but the original question was asked about a trip in April 2011, so not much use to them.

Tim, remember advertising isn't allowed here. so your post may be removed if TA deem it as advertising.

london
Level Contributor
79 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry costs.

Thank you all for your responses, but as badcat mentions the original post was in April 2011 so the holiday has been and gone.

Much appreciated all the same.

Btw, we had a great holiday together and was one of the last we enjoyed as father and son before dads passing earlier this year.

God bless you all.

Reply to: ferry costs.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Mawes
Recent Conversations