We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

Hi All,

I'm arriving by train to Bodmin parkway 6 p.m. on a Monday in June and leaving the next day on the 2 p.m. train. I'm planning to see Tintagel and if possible, castle Dore. Is it possible to rent a car near the train station or in Bodmin in the evening ? Otherwise, it'll have to be taxi to only Tintagel and back. The 555/594 bus schedules are a bit tight. How much would the taxi fare be 1-way from Bodmin parkway to Tintagel ?

Also, any good pastie shops in Bodmin or Tintagel ?

Thanks

A.W.

Mentioned in this post
Bodmin
Bodmin
Cornwall, UK
Tintagel
Tintagel
Cornwall, UK
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

Hi

Think you're looking at a cab to be honest since most rental offices tend to close at the end of normal office hours.

As for fares I wouldn't be suprised at anything up to £50.

Truro has a hertz office and I think St Austell used to have one of the main brands.

Other option might be Enterprise as I believe they deliver but again your timing might be off. At least you'll have a bit of daylight to play with.

Mentioned in this post
Truro
Truro
Truro District, UK
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
SF
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

Thanks for pointing me to Enterprise. They have an office in Bodmin. I could take the 555 bus and stay in Bodmin and rent a car the next morning.

Any suggestions on a good pastie shop in Bodmin, Wadebridge, Tintagel or Fowey ? We'll have dinner in Bodmin, breakfast and lunch some place, before leaving Cornwall. Any local speciality shop recommendations appreciated. One person is a vegetarian. Original cornish pasties are a must for the others.

Mentioned in this post
Bodmin
Bodmin
Cornwall, UK
Wadebridge
Wadebridge
Cornwall, UK
Tintagel
Tintagel
Cornwall, UK
Fowey
Fowey
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Brighton
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

Pengenna Hotel in Tintagel sells pasties from it's shop next door - you can watch them being made while you wait - queues are often out the door and down the street. They have a number of options including lamb and mint which is my favourite. However, I should comment that IMHO the quality has gone down the last couple of years, but I don't think you will be disappointed. Other members of my family like the pasties on sale in the butcher's.

Mentioned in this post
Tintagel
Tintagel
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

I don't think they will be disappointed with the pasty seeing as their holiday was in 2007.

Could you possibly look at the date of the original posting next time as it will save you wasting time on a 2 year old topic.

5. Re: To Tintagel and back from Bodmin parkway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 06:17