We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee shop In Keswick?

pa
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee shop In Keswick?

Hi again!

I was wondering, I will be staying at the Keswick Country House very soon. I did not want to spend lots of $$$ on breakfast at this hotel and tend not to eat a large one anyway. I know the hotel is close to the town where there is shopping. Is there by any chance a cafe that serves lattes, coffee and bagels etc.. that I could walk to?

Thanks again.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee shop In Keswick?

Don't worry. You hotel is just a 5-10 minute stroll from the lovely pedestrian friendly Main Street and Market Square. There you'll easily find coffee shops and bakeries to keep you in lattes and bagels.

Or take a slightly longer (maybe 15 minute) stroll and you can get to the lakeside. There you'll be able to sit and enjoy the views of the lake over a cappuccino and muffin.

Have fun.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee shop In Keswick?

Then as a treat get yourself to the coffee shop on the top floor of George Fischers Outdoor Clothing shop for great views and great cakes and coffee.

mmmmmmm

Lanska

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee shop In Keswick?

I second Lanska's recommendation of the cafe at George Fishers - it's excellent.

pa
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee shop In Keswick?

Oh thank you all so much! Now I can look forward to having a nice breakfast. I absolutely love coffee and would be pretty bummed if there were no shops like the ones you all mentioned. My favorite thing to do while on vacation is to get up early have a latte and a treat and read, a great view is a bonus! My husband will be having a working breakfast in the hotel each morning, so your suggestions will be very nice for me. May i ask one more question?

He finishes work Friday afternoon and we leave Saterday morning to drive to Cornwall. Any suggestions for a walk or something for he and I to do our last afternoon/morning? I know there are walks and shopping, but since our time will be short is there a "must do" while in Keswick? We have a car so we can drive.

Would anyone have any suggestions of a stop on the way to Cornwall as well?

Many Thanks!

5. Re: Coffee shop In Keswick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 08:24