We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIY wedding venues

peak district
2 posts
Save Topic
DIY wedding venues

Hi I am getting married and i am having trouble finding venues that will allow me to provide my own caterers and marquee etc. My partner is involved in the music entertainment business so only professionals will be involved(not tents from b&q!) Not going to be large affair but we want it our way as it's our day and finding somewhere to accomodate our needs is turning a happy event in to one of dread.Onsite accomodation would be a bonus. Not asking for anything lavish or fancy just somewhere we can call the shots. Also any land where a marquee can be erected would be fine. Any area or d/shire fine but pref buxton hope valley ashbourne peak district surrounding areas. Please any suggestions helpful

Essex
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIY wedding venues

Theres loads of working mens clubs in Derbyshire still, but many are struggling - they might be glad of your business. Lots of them have fantastic dance floors, and facilities for bands and music, bars and kitchens for in-house or outside caterers.

google for 'em!

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DIY wedding venues

I was thinking along similar lines as sports clubs would have room for the marquee.

The Bentley Brook in Fenney Bentley is a good pub restaturant with plenty of space for a marquee. If you are doing music etc. yourself, you'll have to leave commercial ventures like this somewhere to make some profit otherwise they won't see it as value-added to their business.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DIY wedding venues

Good suggestion Dave, had forgotten about the Bentley Brook Inn. Always thought it looked like a very nice place.

http://www.bentleybrookinn.co.uk/index.html

4. Re: DIY wedding venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Derbyshire
Recent Conversations