We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

I will soon be commuting to Bristol from Tiverton Parkway sndcudingbtye carpark. However I may well stay in Bristol one night a week but I'm a bit nervous about leaving my car overnight at the station. Does anyone know if there are any problems or am I just being over cautious?

Many thanks

10 replies to this topic
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

We've left ours for two or three

nights on a couple of occassions without problem, but then maybe we were just lucky.

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Thanks. I noticed they have a safer parking award which is encouraging. I'm sure I'm just being overly cautious.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
223 reviews
3. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Like Sandy1949 I've left my car - and so have my parent's their car - over night and for 2-3 nights without an issue. It is a well lit station out near the motorway, covered in CCTV so not a great haunt for thieves I can't imagine.

Berrynarbor, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

We frequently leave our cars here for 3 nights or more, up to 3 weeks when going on holiday. Many people seem to leave cars there during the week. Sometimes finding a space has been a problem, however a large second overflow car park is now open.

Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
5. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

100's of people do this all the time. You may wish to opt for the main car park (the one near the station building and platforms, which is more visible to people working there, or waiting on platforms) rather than the overflow one. Have left mine in both many a time with no problems.

1 post
6. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

What is the pricing for 3 nights? or do you have to pay for the whole week?

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Last time I parked there it was about a fiver a day.They charge per 24 hours

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Coming from West Cornwall, I’d like to be able to book parking in advance to be certain of a space. I think that’s not possible.

Can one be certain of a space?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
223 reviews
9. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

You are correct that you can’t book a space, no. I’ve always found one when I’ve left a car there and there is an overspill car park a couple of minutes walk from the station but it does get busy with commuters.

Sidmouth, United...
1 post
10. Re: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight

Beware using this car park. I've used this car park on two occasions with a valid ticket on each occasion I later received a £100 fine demand in the post. On the first occasion it was several months later. Luckily I found I still had the parking ticket. When you email the scanned tickets to APCOA they don't bother to respond, you just don't hear from them again. I guess their business model is hoping people don't hang onto their tickets.

Reply to: Tiverton Parkway - Leaving Car Overnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Devon