We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

west sussex
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Hi, found lodges by Hoseseasons at Indio Lake near Bovey Tracey on the edge of Dartmoor and wondered if anyone had any experiences to share?

Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Hi There,

Just stayed at Indio Lakes 27/02/12 for 3 nights. We stayed in the Hyde Lodge which i think is the smallest lodge they do however it was more than we expected, the lodge itself is beautifully designed, very contemporary and extremely spacious, 2 bedrooms one with ensuite and another bathroom. Log burning fire inside was a lovely touch, private garden with a hot tub (fab even when its -1 degrees outside) and decking to the front of the lodge that overlooked a small lake. Although there was a lodge next door occupied it was by no means overlooking us, in fact we didn't see a single person onsite the whole time we were there, so tranquil and relaxing. The site is very basic but still beautiful. 5 minute drive to Newton Abbott which is a lerger town that Tracey Bovey, Trcey Bovey only has a few shops however everything you would need can be found here. 10 - 15 minute drive to Teignmouth, Dawlish, Torquay so it's really handy and the drive there has some nice scenic spots. The lodge has everything you would need, the kitchen especially is well equipped. I have already started looking for when we can return as you can pick up some good rates out of season. I would definately recommend to anyone looking fr a peaceful, relaxing break away from the rush of city life can't wait to return.

Whitby
4 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Dear all who have stayed at Indio Lake!

I have booked for my partner's birthday in May this year and he is an avid fisherman....though Indio Lake comes up on many sites as a great fishing destination, I have not seen a single post/good website on the quality of fishing there. Could anyone give me any feedback? We are booked into Lakeview (again, I've seen no posts on this particular cabin..) and I'm wondering if the hot tub overlooks the lake there? (In the photos, it seems to..I like watching him fish!)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Joy

Weybridge, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Hi Joy,

I don't know about Lakeview. We didn't see anyone fishing on the small lake adjacent to the lodges and didn't see any fish begging to be caught. However, when you enter the site there is a pathway to the left which leads to a much bigger lake where there were several people fishing and some encampments.

Have a good time,

Richard

Stone, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Joy. I write as an owner of a lodge on Indio Lakes, though not Lakeview.

Lakeview does overlook the larger of the lake as does the hot-tub. Your husband cannot fish from the deck/balcony bit there are a number of fishing "pegs" around the lake. I'm not an angler but am told (and have seen) that there are some very large carp in the main lake. Before you go you must visit the site owners website to obtain a permit to fish at www.charteroak.com . Hope you enjoy your visit and happy fishing.

Whitby
4 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Thanks to you both for the information, very helpful!

I had forgotten about the permit!

Joy

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

Just returned from a week staying at Indio Lake. We stayed at Lake Veiw-wow!!!

We had a fabulous time.To wake up every morning and draw back the bedroom curtains-have tea/coffee in bed whilst watching the wildlife was incredible!! Everything the brochure states is true-we will definitely return again!!

Most relaxing break we have had in years!!!!!

Whitby
4 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

We were there at Lakeview in May too, it was absolutely beautiful! The fishing was great, my partner catch 30 plus carp ranging from 5 - 12 oz, and in beautiful condition! Lovely full mirrors!

The only thing I can say is, if you prefer to most privacy there I'd recommend staying in one of the watersedge cabins, as we had people staying under us:(

We'd love to go back and stay in one of those! Would be good if Hoseasons put up a map of the site and the location of each cabin and pictures of each individual cabin. They really have nothing to lose by doing this, they're all lovely.

Joy

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

I stayed herein September 2007 see here for our experience www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/2454460.print/

Sorry but I would never go here again.

Stone, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

I right as an owner of a lodge on Indio Lakes and while I sympathise with Jazzyb1971 for having his holiday ruined, posting his comment 5 years after the event is way past its sell-by date. The site is finished and our lodge has seen very many satisfied guests since we bought it two years ago. In fact we have 43 bookings this year alone. So many people can't be wrong!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Indio Lake Bovey Tracey

5 well actually four years and still people are complaining!! I was just checking to see if you had improved and was surprised that whilst some people were satisfied many are not. It was never going to be as idyllic as you tried to make out. You should not be saying its quiet and private if it isn't you are trying to make out it is better than it is. What that article doesn't tell you is we complained and were asked to leave and that was days after we tried to reason with you. Unless its under new management it not worth the money it is worth half of it or if you want a retreat go to the Maldives!

Edited: 05 September 2012, 23:45