We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devon South Hams

Glasgow
Level Contributor
83 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Devon South Hams

When we went to South Hams last year we had an amazing Sunday lunch in an old hotel which was perched high above a small village. It had the most amazing views of the sea and was famous for Sunday lunch. I can't remember the name of the hotel or village. Can anyone help even although I don't have much info to go on ?

Kenilworth
Level Contributor
388 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Devon South Hams

The Gara Rock Hotel perhaps ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
83 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Devon South Hams

No this hotel was like stepping back in time and old fashioned with very traditional service and they even had a sweet trolley ! However I have requested a brochure from the hotel you mentioned as it looks fab. Thank you so much. The search goes on.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Devon South Hams

Could it have been Thurlestone Hotel, overlooks the beach at Thurlestone near to Bigbury and Hope Cove?

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Devon South Hams

The Cottage Hotel at Hope Cove was my first thought : http://www.hopecove.com/

Mike

Glasgow
Level Contributor
83 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Devon South Hams

No this hotel was like stepping back in time and old fashioned with very traditional service and they even had a sweet trolley ! However I have requested a brochure from the hotel you mentioned as it looks fab. Thank you so much. The search goes on.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
83 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Devon South Hams

Hi Mike

Yes The Cottage Hotel is the one. Thankyou so much we will now be able to go when we are on holiday this year.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
83 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Devon South Hams

It was the cottage hotel at Hope Cove. Thanks wegetaboutabit for taking the time to make your suggestion.

Edited: 01 April 2011, 21:21
8. Re: Devon South Hams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 20:19