We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorway Service Stations

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Motorway Service Stations

Can anybody tell me why Cullompton Services are not signposted when travelling south down the M5?

As you approach Taunton Deane Services they only give distances to that one and Exeter Services and not Cullompton. The possible argument that they're only on the N bound side shouldn't really be valid as Bridgwater is also only on the N bound side yet that's shown on the motorway and Gordano, further N and only on the S bound side, is also given distances when travelling N.

I wonder how many people go straight past Cullompton when heading into Devon without realising there are services there?

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorway Service Stations

Well I've had a reply from the Highways Agency.

It's because:

a) There is poor access from the soutbound exit at Junction 28, and

b) It's not a "full sevice" motorway service station.

2. Re: Motorway Service Stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 03:17