We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of nights in Devon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of nights in Devon

Hi all,

I'm going to spend a couple of nights in Devon before moving on to Cornwall. I enjoy lovely gardens and picturesque towns. Can anyone please recommend a good place to stay?

Thanks

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of nights in Devon

Lots of choice, but I would recommend Totnes in south Devon, a great starting point to visit many other places within easy reach, for instance Dartmouth. As for gardens, Coleton Fishacre Garden near Brixham is always lovely whatever time of year, plus Overbecks at Salcombe, both National Trust Properties, so you can check them out on the website. Some friends stayed at Four Seasons Guest House in Totnes, they enjoyed it there. A bit more up market would be The Royal Seven Stars Hotel.

Edited: 05 March 2012, 01:41
Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of nights in Devon

Try Lower Thornton Farm, Kenn near Exeter. It's an excellent B&B, listed on TA, very quiet and peaceful and yet just a couple of miles from all the main routes, A38, M5, A30. Very easy to reach all of Devon's attractions from here.

http://www.lotstodo.co.uk/ will give you some ideas of places to visit.

South Devon Railway from Buckfast to Totnes runs along a beautiful river valley.

3. Re: A couple of nights in Devon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:15