We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Hi

I had put this in the Corwall Forum but it was sugested I try here instead.

7 of us are driving from Bristol Airport to Falmouth on Saturday evening (530/6ish) and we are looking for some place to stop off for something to eat, maybe halfways or thereabouts on our journey. Within reason, we don't want to veer too much off the main road and hassle free parking if possible. Any pubs which do nice food etc would do fine.

Thanks in advance

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,996 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

What is your route Irishtraveller? What roads are you taking?

You can go the motorway route or sceinic....the second has loads of places to eat along the way, that's what we do mostly down here ;-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Much and all as I'd love to do the scenic route (maybe on the way back) I'm afraid that it will be the motorway http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&tab=wl as it'll be too late otherwise by the time we get to Falmouth.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

On A35, just after Exeter, come off at the signage for Castle Drogo. Stop in Drewsteignton (5 mins journey off main road) and enjoy the glorious Drew Arms. Highly recommended!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,996 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Can;t find better than that if it has good reviews. I checked a few out near the motorway in Somerset that used to be good but it seems not so much now.

The good ones are quite a few miles away. Have a good trip IrishT.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Apologies, should of course have said A30...

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Thanks everyone for the replies. Local knowledge is a great thing. The Drew Arms it will be :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

TravelHappyExeter, thank you so much for your reccommendation, the Drew Arms was amazing, the Mediterranean Prawns were to die for, and it was a nice short little detour. Thanks a million :-)

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

Great you liked it. We do (of course), not least because of its history!

9. Re: Bristol Airport - Falmouth - Somewhere to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16