We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

harbourside or seafront

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
harbourside or seafront

Devon is brand new to me and I really dont know where to begin looking so I hope you dont mind my questions. Please can you direct to an area to begin with.

We would like a really nice hotel or B&B 'on' a harbour, or at least on the seafront. Enabling us to wander from the accommodation at night dining, and drinking. Walking on the beach/harbour enjoying the views and atmosphere. We will drive around during the day exploring nearby areas, but it would be nice just to wander around the accommodation if we want to. We dont need lively pubs or clubs (we're in our 50's) but lovely pubs and restaurants please.

Any help please to start us off. Looking to go after the schools return, so early September for a 5-6 day break.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: harbourside or seafront

I have 'copy and pasted' everything you have given me, thank you for all the advice, tips and Recommendations. I just hope 5 days is long enough. But we will still go back for my hubby's birthday hopefully in October :)

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: harbourside or seafront

Have a great time, if you wish to travel around during the Regatta, it might be easier by bus and use the ferry as a pedestrian. Take the lower ferry as a pedestrian to Kingswear and from there you can catch a no 22 or no 24 bus to Brixham, the bus takes about 10 minutes and drops you off in the town centre. Buses back to Kingswear will be packed with people going to Dartmouth. They do lay on extra buses but I'm not sure what they plan to do this year. Any thing you would like to know about Brixham please just ask.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: harbourside or seafront

Thanks masonfamily99

much appreciated ;)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: harbourside or seafront

Hello again,

We are off tomorrow early start from Brighton.

We are staying at Lincombe Hall Hotel in Torquay, because of the regattta in Dartmouth. But thats got great reviews too, 2 pools and hot tub!! so we are happy with that. we're hoping to be really busy looking at properties in all areas, so its just a base to get to know places. I am going to try and fit in all the restaurants, cafes and places suggested by everyone, wish me luck on that!!!

Have even found an avian vet for our parrot, thanks to Ark petstores Torquay and Paignton. Also boarding for him while we can continue our world travels if we do move there.

So I have been doing my homework, its actually proving to be easier living down there for our rquirements than it is here. Our vet/boarding is in London 1 and a half hours away.

Yes I am very excited! thanks to you all. :)

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: harbourside or seafront

Have a great trip!

Can you let me have the vet details, our dogs are registered with Dartside vets and they have been great for the couple of emergency visits we have had to make over the years... But on the odd trip my Owl comes with us when her adoring friends at home can't have her and I'd like to have her registered as well but Dartside couldn't help me and didn't know of one...

Don't suppose they board Owls as well do they? ;-)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: harbourside or seafront

Emma ;) an owl! Wow! Leave this with me and I will find out for you. I will tell you more asap x

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: harbourside or seafront

Thanks! :-)

She is a madam but I love her and would be happier if there was a local vet I could register her with. She does cause a stir when we go out for some fresh air and have a little walk (me not her that is!) down by the river, round here everyone is used to seeing us on our way to her flying ground so I forget that she may cause some 'interest' the first time out on a trip.

The seagulls are not to sure of her mind! ;-)

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: harbourside or seafront

Awww that's fantastic, is she a barn owl?

I have to visit the vet i have in mind, plus ive been told that a zoo vet treats birds for some contacts I am going to meet while I am down there... So it will give me great pleasure to include your owl, (what's her name Btw)?

When i have gathered all the info I'll be back xx

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: harbourside or seafront

She is called Darcey, she's an Indian Eagle Owl.

Thanks for your help!

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: harbourside or seafront

For goodness sake! Owls aren't meant to be kept as pets! I hope she isn't kept in a cage and has a large and varied outdoor space in which to live. I also hope she isn't expected to travel in a car!