We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

Hi - we are frequent visitors to Devon/Cornwall and always stay in self catering apartments weather for 2 nights or 14, reason being I have a young child with severe allergy and so I make all his food from scratch. I would really like to stay at a hotel and so am wondering if anyone know of ones with kitchen facilities, doesn't need to be anything big just to allow me to make quick basic meals whilst away (microwave,fridge,kettle) thanks

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

Hi, sorry can't help you here, but am intrigued: given that a self catering cottage is likely to always offer more room at a (much) more cost-effective rate when traveling with a young family, what is the attraction of a hotel?

Also, if your little one's allergy is severe, doesn't a stay in a hotel increase the chance of exposure to what (s)he is allergic to?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

hi thanks for your reply, you are right you do get more room and it can be more cost effective, I was just looking for us to try something new for a couple of days...or even to see if such a thing existed.

There are great self catering places, we've stayed at loads over the last few years we'll probably just stick to what we know :)

Canada
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

I'd stick with self-catering...

I think with all the hotels I have ever stayed at in the UK (lots) the only one I can recall that had kitchen facilities was Base2stay in Kensington. The rest you are lucky if you get a mini fridge (pretty much standard in north American hotels) and a kettle.

I love self-catering. Much better value.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,892 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

The Saunton Sands Hotel has a mixture of appartments and hotel rooms. Lovely area for children with a big sandy beach and beach huts. Not much in the way shops for food temptation at the beach.

Your best bet would be to email the information centres for the local or desirable places. They are amazingly helpful.

It might turn up something really nice or something different.

5. Re: Hotels/ B&B with kitchen facilities in rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:17