We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Devon, Sidmouth based. Suggested itinerary?

Framlingham, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Devon, Sidmouth based. Suggested itinerary?

My fiance, mother and I are staying in Sidmouth for a week for a wedding. We will have 5 days of free time, end of August. We're staying in a holiday cottage :)

I haven't visited the area since I was a child, my fiance has never been. We're both 25. My mother, very active 59 year old, has been recently but didn't have a chance to explore much. I can't do anything too active unfortunately but would happily watch my partner and mum if there is something energetic!

I was wondering if anyone on here could recommend some "must dos" and any other suggestions for our time in the area!

Thanks very much!

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,749 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Devon, Sidmouth based. Suggested itinerary?

To get you started:

visitsidmouth.co.uk/useful-information/sidmo…

thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/contact/sidmouth

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Devon, Sidmouth based. Suggested itinerary?

I'll second the Donkey Sanctuary as worth a visit. Assuming you have transport then nearby places worth exploring are Beer, Branscombe (yummy cream teas!), Lyme Regis, Seaton (with it's tramway), Budleigh Salterton, Bicton Gardens, & a drive onto Dartmoor. It's a lovely little town to base in - what I call a proper old fashioned seaside resort with very nice public gardens to wander through.

3. Re: 5 days in Devon, Sidmouth based. Suggested itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20