We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

London
6 posts
Save Topic
fishing

Im going walking across dartmoor and im guna fish where I can on the way. What fish can I expect to catch and where abouts would I find them. If that's not to much to ask

5 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

From Fishing on Dartmoor -

Dartmoors rivers are noted for their fishing of wild brown trout, sea trout and salmon. Much of the river fishing on Dartmoor is privately owned but stretches of the East and West Dart Rivers may be fished on the purchase of a Duchy of Cornwall permit (contact the Dartmoor website -

I don't know the cost of the permits which you will need

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

Ok perfect. Thanks

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,788 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

Yes. river fishing requires a permit. Think you can get them online. Nasty fine from a man with attitude and more if you don't. It's not much for the permit I believe but can't be sure if you have to have one for each different bit of river,

Edited: 14 May 2014, 22:20
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,788 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

If you are thinking of fishing anywhere and everywhere you will need a passport it seems

www.westcountryangling.com/about_passport.php

It also tells you on the site about the different rivers and what can be caught.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

Thanks alot. I will check that site out. I've had a fone before and don't fancy another one

Reply to: fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dartmoor National Park