We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dartmouth public car parking

Which Dartmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester
1 post
Save Topic
Dartmouth public car parking

Planning a stay in Dartmouth this year. Does anyone know if there are any crime problems (car damage or other) in parking over night with permit in the Mayors Avenue Car Park?

Ascot, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dartmouth public car parking

I don't know about crime problems, if any, perhaps a local could advise on this. Certainly the Mayors Avenue car park has always felt very 'safe' to me.

However if I had a parking permit I would be concerned about being able to obtain a parking space - I don't think that these permits guarantee being able to park; parking is still on a first-come-first served basis. It shouldn't be a problem to find a good space in the early evening (unless there is a big event on such as the Regatta), but during the daytime this car park gets absolutely packed and many of the cars don't move all day - ironically, because they have permits!

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dartmouth public car parking

We have left our car there so many times and never with a problem. The car park passes are a complete blessing and worth every penny!

3. Re: Dartmouth public car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2010, 05:17