We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

Can anybody tell me whether Dartmouth is s suitable holiday destinatiion for us to bring our dog? She's a Border Collie so therefore needs lots of exercise, so we're looking for somewhere with access to plenty of wide-open spaces when she can run off the lead. Also, as we'd be self-catering, we need somewhere where she'd be welcomed in a pub bar so we could go out and eat at night (most cottages ask that a dog is not left unattended in the property). Any advice would be welcome, thanks :)

27 replies to this topic
Minehead, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

Next time try Prawle point, or cross over into Cornwall from Plymouth to Mount Edgcombe, we also have two collies.

Also for future holidays with dogs may I recommend Exmoor.

Exeter, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

For others who want to bring a dog on their next trip to Devon or Dartmouth, you can stay here: bluechipholidays.co.uk/dartmouth-holiday-cot… They offer good self catering holiday cottages and of course, they allow dogs. The place is in a good location and transportation is very easy too. I also suggest that you visit the place during the most special events and festivals. It is really fun. Here is a site, discoverdartmouth.com/festivals-and-events, that tells about the festivals and events this year.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

We are in Dartmouth , at the moment, on the deer park caravan site, less than a five minute drive up the road, is the local village hall, and right behind it is a massive area for dogs to run, loads of dog waste bins,my springer loves it,it's on the stoke Fleming road, 3 miles from the centre,hope this helps, Chris.

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

We are in Dartmouth , at the moment, on the deer park caravan site, less than a five minute drive up the road, is the local village hall, and right behind it is a massive area for dogs to run, loads of dog waste bins,my springer loves it,it's on the stoke Fleming road, 3 miles from the centre,hope this helps, Chris.

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

I know this is a couple of years on but if you are ever looking to go back to the Dartmouth area then look up the website for Watermill Cottages in the Garr Valley. They are six miles from Dartmouth BUT your dog will be in paradise as plenty of land to run along and a shallow river to splash about in. No TV or internet so you can enjoy the peace and countryside.

Dartmouth
4 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

try dartside court there is a communal garden and self catering and also parking under the building

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??

Think you may want to read the TA rules before posting you are not allowed to promote your own business, and by your other posts today you clearly own or are connected to it...

Reply to: Dartmouth - Dog-friendly Destination??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted