We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

Which Dartmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwickshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

My friend and I are coming to Brixham with our bus passes(we are pensioners!) and want to visit my childhood haunt of Dittisham en route to Totnes.Can you tell me if there is a bus service from Dartmouth to Totnes via Dittisham please?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

As per your other thread, no there isn't. Dittisham has in effect no useful bus service

http://www.dittisham.org.uk/transport.asp will help you

Warwickshire
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

Thank you.

Looks as if the only way is by ferry from Dartmouth to Dittisham then?

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

Or cab but that would be a lot more expensive!

England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

Bus from Totnes to Dartmouth and then take the small Dittisham to Dartmouth water taxi service, as you will know the area is all about the river, and this really is the very best way to get about. Be sure to book your return ferry with the ferryman though as the water taxi's get very busy, otherwise it will be a cab fare home which will be expensive.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

You can get a bus to Kingswear from Brixham ( No 22 I think?), then the ferry over to Dartmouth, then a ferry to Dittisham. If I were you I'd do Totnes another day, rather than try to cram it all into one day.Buses from Brixham go to Totnes very frequently. There is always the 'Round Robin' - steam train from Paignton to Kingswear, ferry to Dartmouth, then ferry to Totnes and an open top bus ride from Totnes back to Paignton. Quite expensive but a lovely relaxing way to spend a day, subject to nice weather of course. Obviously would only pass Dittisham rather than stop there.

6. Re: Dartmouth>Dittisham>Totnes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Dartmouth