We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlfe in Dartmouth

chelmsford
Level Contributor
121 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlfe in Dartmouth

Dartmouth Nightlife

yesterday, 23:04

Hi

Many years ago I visited both Torquay and Dartmouth and loved them both. However I know how much Torquay has changed since I visited 30 years ago and is now the place for hen parties and stag nights. Can you please put my mind at rest and confirm that Dartmouth is just as lovely as it always was and still has that olde worlde feel about it.

I would really like to visit and stay in this lovely town, especially if it is more suited to families and people in their 40's and upwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Devon, UK
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlfe in Dartmouth

Dartmouth gets popular on New Years Eve, but apart from that remains sedate and certainly NOT the place for Stag/Hen parties...

ATB,J.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Devon, UK
chelmsford
Level Contributor
121 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlfe in Dartmouth

Thanks for that. It looks lovely and just my kind of place and now you've reassured me.

Torquay, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlfe in Dartmouth

On a few places open past 11 at the weekend...here at the Dolphin we knock it on the head at 11 and avoid the kids at the late places !

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,742 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlfe in Dartmouth

Thankfully Dartmouth is nothing like Torquay! We are in our 40s and LOVE going down to Dartmouth for its relaxed atmosphere.

The Dolphin is just round the corner from our house and does great food, really suggest you try eating there if you go down.

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Devon, UK
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
5. Re: Nightlfe in Dartmouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Dartmouth