We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Going to Exeter Uni. open day next week by car and would prefer not to use a park and ride, if possible would like to park for the day in Exeter. Any suggestions pls.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Yes, the Westpoint park and ride is a bit inconvinient. The campus is around a 15/20 minute from the centre of Exeter but is easily reached on foot.

There is a choice of car parks in the city. The King William Street car park is one of the closest to the university, about 15 minutes walking. This also good to explore the city centre and the shopping areas. I would suggest having a look on the city's website for more details as it has a lot of information, directions etc.

A word of warning - one of the main roads into Exeter, Fore Street, is currently closed for roadworks, which means heavy traffic. Instead take the Monkerton Link Road when you come off at J29 of the M5 and come into the centre via Pinhoe Road.

Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

There is parking at the University but it is metered and probably not that cheap.

The nearest car park is probably St Davids Station (very expensive) and there are some at the following locations which you could Google:

Queen Street, Richmond Road and off St Davids Hill.

These are all walkable to the University (10-25 mins depending how fit you are and which end of the campus you want)

devon uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

I assume you will driving down the M5 - the easiest thing is to use the Park and Ride at Sowton as you come off the M5. Its much easier than trying to find a space in the city- its a good service. I used to live in Exeter but always use P&R now - and its a great deal cheaper than parking in the city. I dont know why a previous reply mentioned Westpoint - that is some way out and not convenient.

parkandride.net/exeter/exeter_frameset.shtml

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

The university has organised westpoint arena for the day, shuttles every half hour.

devon uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Ok did not know that- living in Devon my children have looked further away for their uni places! Would still use P&R whatever- the Sowton one is just on the outskirts. I was in Exeter yesterday and it was very busy and if the Uni has organised P&R at West point I suggest you use it.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Thank you - I have researched a lot now and your reponse is what I have decided to do, use the system organised by the uni! We can always walk to town if we have time.

Exeter
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

If you want to nip into town just catch the 'D' bus. It runs from the Uni campus to the town centre (it is the only bus that goes around the campus so you can't miss it!).

They run every 15-20 mins and take about 7-10 mins to the town centre.

You'll love the uni!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

Thank you jammydodja - really looking forward to our visit, and great to have info about the bus as we all feel having a look (albeit short) around Exeter would be an important part of our visit!

9. Re: Parking in Exeter (for next week!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 16:18